A week of Mad’s…McCluskey, Murphy, and Men as one of the best TV series ever draws to a close while the Labour saga looks to rumble on for weeks and months. Oh, and of course, Mad Max which was fantastic.
- Scotland and the SNP are not the same thing – Starting the post saying Labour was Gubbed is honest but not exactly the response people would have expected.
- There was no rise in Scottish nationalism: Understanding the SNP victory – Spot on.
- “So listen to me well, Labour Party, because if you get this wrong again you will be done for, once and for all” – Boom
- 26 Incredibly Obscure Reasons Why People Claim George Galloway Blocked Them On Twitter – Galloway is barking mad. I’ll probably get sued for saying that.
- Jetman Dubai : Young Feathers 4K
- Good Engineering Manager / Bad Engineering Manager – Don’t be a douche!
- Be Kind – lesson for us all, especially me.
- The only technique to learn something new – I want to learn but often struggle with time the easy excuse
- Why You Should Be Tracking Your Habits (and How to Do It Well)
- Navy probes leaked Trident safety claims – This story should be read alongside the report it’s based on, The Sec.ret Nuc.lea.r Th.re.At. It’s a sobering story.
- Adblockers are immoral and mobile networks should know better – Could be one of the big tech stories of the next 12 months. If ad’s aren’t invasive, flash based and take over my web page I’ve no issue but many of them aren’t. However I can see the publishers dilemma – without ad’s how do they make their site pay?
- Elon Musk’s Space Dream Almost Killed Tesla
- Maps We Love – I love maps too, especially ones that tell a story.
- World Without End – No Man’s Sky can’t come soon enough
- Sega Saturn: how one decision destroyed PlayStation’s greatest rival – 20 years since the Saturn. Still remember the Sega Rally battles.
- Mad Max: Fury Road Is An Astonishing Work Of Art – Watched it on Friday and it was stunning. Great design coupled with non stop action and a story that wasn’t drip fed. You had to work things out and it was all the better for it. In my head this followed up the others well, but seeing the original and Mad Max 2 this weekend there is a massive gulf between them. Rose tinted glasses and all that. Still, go and see it on the biggest screen you can and just enjoy it.
- Finally! Video shows what that extra shoelace hole on your trainers is for – mind blown!
If that wasn’t enough, take a trip over to Gordon’s blog for some Weekend Reading. I really love post’s like this as I usually pick up at least a couple of new reads.