Finished work for the year last week so I’ve got 20 days off until returning on Jan 4th. Plenty of present buying completed…and I’ve got AirPods on the way too.
Two films in the last few days which couldn’t be more contrasting.
Rogue One – Enjoyed it and it ticked some of the Stars Wars boxes but also did things differently with a sombre tone at times. Looked stunning and considering everyone knew what was going to happen they did well to keep the story interesting. Still not sold on CGI actors and I’d love to know why some scenes from the early trailers never made the final cut. Also loved bitter droid. Need a BB-8 and K-2SO buddy movie.
Suicide Squad – A travesty of a movie. Imagine 20-30 music videos played back to back, with a seemingly connected story, but each one shot by a different director and written by a different writer. In fact that would have delivered a better movie than Suicide Squad. Crap dialogue, a focus on ass shots from the director, a terrible plot and a truly awful joker. Complete shite.
- The Perfect Weapon: How Russian Cyberpower Invaded the U.S.
- ‘They Are Slaughtering Us Like Animals’ – Powerful photo essay
- Confessions of an Instagram Influencer – How to build an Instagram career.
- SNP proposal to create new ‘E’ Scottish exam grade so fewer pupils fail – SNP are starting to unravel.
- Five Things You Notice When You Quit the News
- After ten years on Twitter, it’s time to call a halt. – I still find Twitter essential but there’s no doubting it’s potential for negative impact. Will be cleansing my Twitter feed over the coming days.
- Who said what inside the Trump tech meeting: Immigration, paid maternity leave and becoming the ‘software president’
- ‘Clean your desk’ : My Amazon interview experience – Horrific interview experience but Amazon have seemingly changed policy. I do hope so.
- Hard-pressed Amazon workers in Scotland sleeping in tents near warehouse to save money – The hits for Amazon keep coming.
- An oral history of ‘Get a Mac,’
- Mobile is eating the world – Great presentation on mobile and what’s next.
- The Future Of Cities
- A GDS Story – Great ‘history’ of GDS.
- A Computer for Everything: One Year of iPad Pro
- Inside Nike’s Quest for the Impossible: a Two-Hour Marathon
- The Grand Tour May Be The Most Illegally Downloaded TV Show In History – Oh dear…don’t bother – it’s shit.
- Seven Things We Want to See on ‘Westworld’ Season 2
- The History of Star Wars Posters
- A Chat With Shigeru Miyamoto On The Eve Of Super Mario Run, Nintendo’s First Smartphone Game
- IRON MAN GAMMA PROTOCOL – Fan made action short. Impressive.
- FIRST OFFICIAL Trailer for Spider-Man: Homecoming
- The Fate of the Furious – Official Trailer
Also published on Medium.