Knackered. Work travel followed by a long long Friday and then a cracking day at Knockhill has left me a bit bust. Top tip…put on some fucking suncream next time you are going to be standing in the sun all day. Idiot.
Homeland finished this week and it was one of the best seasons yet.
- Exclusive: How Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella is rethinking Windows – The Verge
In this exclusive interview with Dieter Bohn, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella kicks of the Build developer conference by speaking with Dieter Bohn about Windows, AI, and the ethics of cloud computing.
The change in Microsoft is astounding, shows you what a true leader can deliver.
- Google’s AI sounds like a human on the phone — should we be worried? – The VergeAmazing tech but more than a little creepy. Also if it was so good why not show on stage but instead show a pre-recorded clip or two.
- iMac Pro + Hasselblad H6D Photo Review: Antarctica — Austin MannLove Mann’s reviews and this is no exception.
- Apple, Influence, and IveInteresting interview with Ive. His influence throughout Apple is huge…maybe too much power though?
- Childish Gambino’s This is America and how the internet killed the cultural critic | WIRED UK
The response to Childish Gambino’s This Is America shows the emergence of a new type of criticism: one done by fans
Where have all the reviewers gone?
- Euan McColm: Don’t let song remain the same on mental health – The Scotsman
‘Don’t forget the songs that made you smile,” sings Morrissey, “And the songs that made you cry. When you lay in awe on the bedroom floor…”
Scott Hutchison wrote about his problems, talked about them too but still passed too soon. McColm’s article is well worth reading and taking action if you or others around you need help.
- My name is Wil Wheaton. I live with chronic Depression, and I am not ashamed. – WIL WHEATON dot NETLong but important read. Set aside some time for this.
Nice weather equals a weekend of garden DIY. I’m also a little late this week cause holidays! Dabbling with the photography side of things too. Started a separate Instagram account just for the photo’s and following photographers…not sure it’s helping. Also having some thoughts about domains and doing some self-hosting. Time will tell.
Black Panther – Second watch and still really good
Molly’s Game – Good film, great cast and a typical Sorkin script but just seemed to be missing something?
Busy busy at the moment and not sleeping. I’m blaming the change in seasons. Yawn…
Avengers Infinity War – this was excellent. No spoilers, but what I liked most was that there was no big explainers. Just straight into the film and rewarded anyone thats watched all the films. 2 1/2 hours flew by and they really handled so many characters well. There was also quite a bit to think about – not your average superhero movie.
Britains Biggest Warship – finished tonight and was really enjoyable. Be great to see a follow up in 18 months time showing the jets arriving and the ship on mission.
Westworld – back with a bang. Love it.
Out and about with camera and drone this week. Semi pleased with the results but need to focus more on getting better results out of the camera and not Lightroom. Also got some new drugs this week that will help with one problem…but leave me with splitting headaches. Hopefully only for another week.
Re-watched Westworld in preperation for the new series tomorrow. Enjoyed it more the second time around as you appreciate some of the earlier episodes now that you are aware of some of the plot twists that come later.
God of War on the PS4. One of the best reviewed games in the last 6 months and it looks stunning. Only managed an hour with it but looking forward to more.
Is that the first time this year it’s been almost normal temperature? Did actual work in the actual garden too. Finally.
The City and the City – great to see some interesting sci-fi on TV. Enjoyed it.
Kiss Me First – and this is worth a watch too, all about VR. First 2 episodes have been great so far.