Knackered. Work travel followed by a long long Friday and then a cracking day at Knockhill has left me a bit bust. Top tip…put on some fucking suncream next time you are going to be standing in the sun all day. Idiot.
Homeland finished this week and it was one of the best seasons yet.
- Exclusive: How Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella is rethinking Windows – The Verge
In this exclusive interview with Dieter Bohn, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella kicks of the Build developer conference by speaking with Dieter Bohn about Windows, AI, and the ethics of cloud computing.
The change in Microsoft is astounding, shows you what a true leader can deliver.
- Google’s AI sounds like a human on the phone — should we be worried? – The VergeAmazing tech but more than a little creepy. Also if it was so good why not show on stage but instead show a pre-recorded clip or two.
- iMac Pro + Hasselblad H6D Photo Review: Antarctica — Austin MannLove Mann’s reviews and this is no exception.
- Apple, Influence, and IveInteresting interview with Ive. His influence throughout Apple is huge…maybe too much power though?
- Childish Gambino’s This is America and how the internet killed the cultural critic | WIRED UK
The response to Childish Gambino’s This Is America shows the emergence of a new type of criticism: one done by fans
Where have all the reviewers gone?
- Euan McColm: Don’t let song remain the same on mental health – The Scotsman
‘Don’t forget the songs that made you smile,” sings Morrissey, “And the songs that made you cry. When you lay in awe on the bedroom floor…”
Scott Hutchison wrote about his problems, talked about them too but still passed too soon. McColm’s article is well worth reading and taking action if you or others around you need help.
- My name is Wil Wheaton. I live with chronic Depression, and I am not ashamed. – WIL WHEATON dot NETLong but important read. Set aside some time for this.