Good week off work and another year older as it was my birthday yesterday. It was also a week for new toys. Finally got a working Samsung 4k TV and the picture is gorgeous. Also picked up a PS4 Pro (cheers Shak) and you can certainly see an upgrade in performance. Titanfall 2 looked great and the HDR/4k on The Last of Us is stunning. If you are interested on my old PS4 then take a look here.
Titanfall 2 is a very good game. It now has a single player story which so far has been excellent, multiplayer as good as the original and a promise that all future map and mode’s delivered for the game will be free. Bravo and highly recommended.
- An American Tragedy – Like most folk this weeks events in America will take a long time to come to terms with and digest.
- In Sight, Yet Elusive – And with Trump already restricting media access this is setting a dangerous precedent.
- Democrats, Trump, and the Ongoing, Dangerous Refusal to Learn the Lesson of Brexit
- Donald Trump Won Because of Facebook – Disagree but Facebook have a responsibility to flag or stop the spread of false information.
- Zuckerberg: the idea that fake news on Facebook influenced the election is ‘crazy’
- Facebook, in Cross Hairs After Election, Is Said to Question Its Influence
- The forces that drove this election’s media failure are likely to get worse
- Trump’s Data Team Saw a Different America—and They Were Right
- I’ve been thinking a lot about the meeting between Trump and Obama at the White House
- Read the Letter Aaron Sorkin Wrote His Daughter After Donald Trump Was Elected President
- When you see hatred and racism, stare in it the face. It probably won’t have the courage to look back. – Best summation of the Obama Trump handshake.
- Official White House Photographer Pete Souza Reveals His Favourite Photos Of Obama – Some great images.
- European Parliament considers plan to let individual Brits opt-in to keep their EU citizenship
- It is Time to Re-Imagine Europe – Long but thought provoking.
- History tells us what may happen next with Brexit & Trump
- Safety pins as a symbol of solidarity against racism
- Be Unfailingly Kind – An older post but it popped up in my twitter feed this week and it’s a beauty. All about leadership and good behaviours and as I read it there was so much I don’t/can’t do. Lots to learn.
- Campaigners claim victory after Lego stops Daily Mail promotions – Yes!!!
- Galapagos Islands in 360° – Planet Earth II: Islands – BBC One – Watch it on Chrome or a mobile device. Stunning.
- ‘We Couldn’t Believe Our Eyes’: A Lost World of Shipwrecks Is Found
- ‘Arrival’ Invented a New and Insanely Complicated Alien Language – Want to see this – got good reviews so far.
- Maori All Blacks Haka vs. Munster – Tribute To Anthony Foley (Limerick 2016) – There’s something in my eye.
- Ghost in the Shell Official Trailer 1 (2017) – Scarlett Johansson Movie
- 0.637 seconds – a new Rubik’s Cube machine world record!
- Boxer Loving John Lewis Advert 2016 – End the week on a better note. You can’t not smile at this.