Back to work but just over three weeks until I stop for the Christmas break so not too bad. Had a checkup at the hospital on Wednesday to rule out anything around the heart being an issue with my health. An ECG, ultrasound and 17 minutes on a treadmill and the heart got a thumbs up which is great news. Doctor concurs with others that it is a viral infection and I need to keep fighting and it will eventually pass. Fingers crossed.
2 similar but different shows this week. Westworld is really hitting it’s stride and the last 2 episodes have been terrific. Also excelling in its second season is Humans on Ch4. Good to have some intelligent sci-fi on the TV.
- What Was the Nerd? – Good article although less of the alt-right please
- This Is Not Normal
- The North Pole is an insane 36 degrees warmer than normal as winter descends – This isn’t normal either
- My 2c on the iPad vs Mac debate
- Sir Jony Ive reflects on the nature of objects, the fragility of ideas, and 20 years of Apple design – Apple launch a different Mac book this week and take the art of naval gazing to a whole new level.
- ‘Extreme surveillance’ becomes UK law with barely a whimper – Where is the opposition? Where is the centre or left in all this? A disgrace.
- This 22-Year-Old Draws The Most Brutally Honest Cartoons About Mental Health
- Carrie Fisher on Harrison Ford: ‘I love him. I’ll always feel something for him’
- This Analysis Shows How Fake Election News Stories Outperformed Real News On Facebook – Fuck Facebook
- Our World Is Going Full ‘Black Mirror’
- Who Will Command The Robot Armies? – Great talk from Maciej Cegłowski
- This security camera was infected by malware 98 seconds after it was plugged in
- This temporary tattoo-like device doubles up as 24/7 stethoscope for your heart
- Rating Exactly How ‘Yer Da’ The First Episode of ‘The Grand Tour’ Is – I liked this article more than the first episode of The Grand Tour.
- Andy Murray beats Novak Djokovic to win ATP World Tour Finals title and seal world number one spot – Great run from Andy Murray over the last few months but this week, with wins over the world no 2, 3, 4 and 5 shows he is deservedly world no 1. He really dominated Djokovic as well so looking good for 2017.