It’s Christmas…happy holidays!
Still enjoying PUBG despite the lag and crashes. So addictive although I’ve yet to taste chicken dinner.
- How Syria’s White Helmets became victims of an online propaganda machine | World news | The Guardian
The Russia-backed campaign to link the volunteer rescuers with al-Qaida exposes how conspiracy theories take root: ‘It’s like a factory’
Amazing how influencial Russia has become over social media. Are we doing the same but it’s not reported?
- On the Tube, I saw the father I’d never met – and was happy to find that I had nothing to say to him
I looked at my feet and walked past the man who had no idea that I was his son.
An amazing read, one of the best this year.
- Google Maps’s MoatGoogle’s lead in maps is unquestionable, but this post shows the bets Google made years ago and how they are now paying off.
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Solves the Modern Movie Villain Problem – The RingerSpoilers in here, but a good read if you’ve seen the film.
- The 2017 Stratechery Year in Review – Stratechery by Ben ThompsonInsightful look at the year in tech.
- Lightwear: Introducing Magic Leap’s Mixed Reality Goggles – Rolling StoneFinally some info…they looking fecking weird though.
- My Must-Have iOS Apps, 2017 Edition – MacStoriesSome fantastic app’s in the list.
- Daring Fireball: Apple Addresses Why Some iPhones With Older Batteries Are Benchmarking SlowerUltimately Apple are doing the right thing but the lack of clarity has been a real mis-step.
- Ten years in, nobody has come up with a use for blockchain
Everyone says the blockchain, the technology underpinning cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin, is going to change EVERYTHING. And yet, after years of tireless effort and billions of dollars invested…
Still a newish tech, but the bubble is bursting on this one.
- HQ Trivia Is a Harbinger of Dystopia – The AtlanticI’ve tried this a few times and it’s weirdly addictive.
- I Hacked HQ Trivia But Here’s How They Can Stop Me – Hacker Noon
To explore the feasibility of hacking HQ, I wrote a script that wins the majority of HQ games. In this post, I explain how the script works, and how HQ can defend itself against these attacks.
Interesting look at how to cheat on HQ. I’m sure they will be wary of this and make some changes.
- Five pounds – HAPPILY IMPERFECTI guess the main thing is do something rather than just comment on it.
- 2017 A year in pictures — Peter Macdiarmid
Peter macdiarmid press photographer london UK
What a year…powerful images.
- What to do when Bill Gates sends you a 30lb Pusheen. STEP 1. – Secret Santa 2017 – redditgifts
PRO TIP: When filling out your reddit gift questionnaire, dont act like a crazy person in hopes of making sure your san…
Good old Bill.