Tomorrow is the bluest most depressing day of the year. Bullshit. Just another day folks.
If you’ve got an Xbox, get on PUBG (Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds). It’s got flaws but they are constantly patching and fixing and I love it.
- No tracking, no revenue: Apple’s privacy feature costs ad companies millions | Technology | The GuardianI generally run with adblockers as the tracking is just too invasive, but I get that for many sites the drop in revenue is a serious issue.
- How the industry-breaking Spectre bug stayed secret for seven months – The Verge
With Meltdown and Spectre, multi-party coordination broke down and the secret spilled out before anyone was ready. That early breakdown had consequences. After the release, basic questions of fact became muddled, like whether AMD chips are vulnerable to Spectre attacks (they are), or whether Meltdown is specific to Intel.
Good background to the mega bugs that were unveiled last week but found last year.
- Button it. | Present&CorrectCold room control rooms. Would love to photo these one day.
- Inside Uber’s $100,000 Payment to a Hacker, and the Fallout – The New York TimesUber really are shady as f%ck.
- Mr. Amazon Steps Out – The New York TimesRichest person in the world…and Amazon could pretty much take on any company they like at the moment.
- Referendum II is coming. Farage just can’t bear being a Brexit misfit | Marina Hyde | Opinion | The GuardianFarage skewered again.
- Here’s The Audio Recording Of John Humphrys And Jon Sopel’s “Jokey Exchange” About Equal PayListen rather than read – add’s so much more colour and also shows it wasn’t that jokey. Bastards.
- Everyone Is Getting Hilariously Rich and You’re Not – The New York TimesBuy buy buy!!!
- The Good War – by Mike Dawson and Chris HayesAmazing comic.
- Oprah Winfrey Receives Cecil B. de Mille Award at the 2018 Golden Globes – YouTubeIf you read or watch one thing this week, make it this.
- Turning Design Mockups Into Code With Deep Learning – FloydHub BlogClever clever code that highlights what automation and AI could do to the job market.
- I found my suicide note – Matt Gemmell – MediumPowerful writing which is well worth your attention.
- CES 2018: Inside the Lab Where Amazon’s Alexa Takes Over The World | WIREDAnother behind the scenes look at a big tech companies lab. Love these.
- 52 Places to Go in 2018 – The New York TimesGlasgow is there and with a mention for Ramen Dayo!
- Facebook Knows How to Track You Using the Dust on Your Camera LensThis is ridiculous and creepy.
- These Trump supporters built a gallows and tried to arrest London’s mayor. People laughed at them. – The Washington PostI laughed at the video’s at first, but these folk are delusional…and dangerous.