Lighter mornings and nights are coming – nearly at the point where the drive to work is in daylight which makes a MASSIVE difference. Loving the Olympics so far. The Winter varient is always more wacky and fun but still at it’s core an Olympics.
Enjoyed Black Panther. One of the better Marvel films, it looks and sounds terrific. Refreshing to have such a strong black cast and also such a strong female cast as well. Letitia Wright playing Shuri stole the film with some of the best lines.
Caught up on Star Trek Discovery and slightly underwhelmed with the final episode. Still enjoyed the overall series.
- A Detailed Timeline of The IMAGE Mission Recovery | NASAA great story – never give up!
- Daring Fireball: The Threat to the Mac: the Growing Popularity of Non-Native AppsLet Mac’s be Mac’s! Strangling of the platform and the mess that is the Mac App store really hampers the Mac.
- Inside Facebook’s Hellish Two Years—and Mark Zuckerberg’s Struggle to Fix it All | WIREDNo wonder he’s focussing on Facebook this year.
- Google’s nemesis: meet the British couple who took on a giant, won… and cost it £2.1 billion | WIRED UKDo no evil…my arse.
- Super-G: snowboarder Ledecka wins shock gold on borrowed skis with Vonn sixth | Sport | The Guardian
Czech Republic’s Ester Ledecka shredded to a shock gold medal in the women’s super-G on skis borrowed from American star Mikaela Shiffrin
What a story…and her reaction at the end was priceless.
- FA Cup: Mata’s goal ruled out by VAR at Huddersfield in the FA Cup fifth round – BBC Sport
Manchester United are denied a 2-0 lead following a controversial VAR decision.
VAR so far has been a mess. Fans can’t see whats going on and this decision was just laughable. Probably wrong and wobbly lines although the team today say they released the wrong graphics for the TV audience. Video evidence is the right way to go, but it needs to be better than this. It works for rugby.
- Opinion | What Congress Has Accomplished Since the Sandy Hook Massacre – The New York Times
More than 1,600 mass shootings have taken place in America since then.
Damning. Never has it been so obvious that something needs to be done…and yet nothing will.
- “Black Panther” and the Invention of “Africa” | The New YorkerOnly read if you’ve watched the film.
- ‘Black Panther’ Is Marvel’s First Genuine Masterpiece – The RingerAgain, one that stays pretty spoiler free but makes much more sense if you’ve seen the film.
- The wonderful sounds of black ice skatingAn amazing sound – would never have suspected it.
- How iFixit Became the World’s Best iPhone Teardown Team – YouTubeWhat a great video – behind the scene’s of a teardown.