New toys arrived. Mavic 2 Pro – faster, longer battery, great range and a much improved image. A lot to like. Looking forward to some time off later in the month and getting some drone and normal pic’s out and about around Scotland.
Bodyguard – gets better and better
Press – well made, great cast but flat opening for me
Hang Ups – so funny
- Inside Twitter’s Long, Slow Struggle to Police Bad Actors – WSJ
When Twitter Chief Executive Jack Dorsey testifies before Congress this week, he’ll likely be asked about an issue that has been hovering over the company: Just who decides whether a user gets kicked off the site?
Still prefer Twitter to Facebook, Masterdon etc and they’ve finally kicked off Alex Jones but there no doubting it’s become more toxic over the years.
- Colin Kaepernick, Face of N.F.L. Protests, Is Face of New Nike Campaign – The New York TimesGreat move by Nike. Sales up and they stop right wing white supremists from using their products.
- The Scunthorpe problem: When regular people get caught in the internet’s profanity filter — QuartzWelcome to my world 🙂
- My vision for a more tech-driven NHS – GOV.UK
Secretary of State for Health and Social Care Matt Hancock’s speech at NHS Expo 2018.
Don’t trust the Tories with the NHS but this post plus appointing Ben Goldacre is a good step. Will watch this with interest.
- KristoferA’s blog: Things you probably don’t want to do on your [airline] website’s payment pagesWhat. A. Fucking. Mess.
- commentThe Surprising Inspiration Behind Monument Valley’s Most Beautiful Levels | The Work Behind The WorkLoved the game and would never have guessed what lead to some of the level designs.
- Serena Williams’s U.S. Open Loss Was Humiliating—But Not For Her – The AtlanticGreat read – she has been treated terribly.
- Cameron Cox on Twitter: “Everyone should listen to this from Serena Williams.… “And this answer by Serena in the press conference should be heard by all.
- Opinion | I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration – The New York Times
I work for the president but like-minded colleagues and I have vowed to thwart parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.
At least someone is fighting. But really, this is batshit bonkers stuff. It’s like a never ending Veep.
- Google turns 20: how an internet search engine reshaped the world – The VergeStill use so many Google products daya to day – quite the impact.